Tuesday 8 November 2011

Walk cycle

In our first task we were asked to come up with a character for our short story animation. so then i started to draft a few ideas but they were only quick sketches but as i came up with a few more ideas i decided on one character for my animation.



Then we were asked to create our own walk cycle, so with aid from the internet i made my own version of a walk cycle as the basis of my animation. through both tracing paper and practice i made it to the best of my ability.



then after this we had to scan it into the computer, cut it up into segments and from there create a flash version. after doing this we had to paint over the sick men to create our character in each frame to make it look as if it was walking. So here is my final copy of the animation.


After this we were asked to evaluate my work and with the help of a document on blackboard i managed to do this.


For this task set we made a walk cycle of our character that will be in out animation.
Through this task I have realized that i have many skills and abilities that I never knew I had, like how to use the computer to its full potential and even my drawing skills were better than I expected.
I could use these skills in the future for a job, if the job I had involved a lot of computer based art i could use all the abilities I improved on to help me do my job to the best that I could.
The unsuccessful parts where when the software that I was using got to complicated and i started to get annoyed and give up, these little things that didn't do what I wanted them to do started to build up until I almost gave up, but in the end I got on with it worked through the kinks and finished my animation.
i could improve on this faults by learning how to control them and how to not get as frustrated with the computer take a breath and attack the problem from a different angle. I could also get someone else's help to aid me with whatever I get stuck on saving me precious time and effort.

After completing our walk cycle we were asked to complete a story board for our short animation, so i then spent a few hours starting then completing a story board. after a rough copy i then went over my drawings with a fine liner and then even coloured it in.


Then after finishing my animation I began to work on the actual animation but stating with the water scene, it went pretty good but it did take a while to complete but I did manage to get most of it done.


But due to the prolonged time it took me to do the water scene I couldn't do much else in the time that was provided, this is why couldn't complete the whole animation.


(Due to format and software issues I couldn't access most of the information that could be attached to this post, but as soon as I can I will get all the information attached).

No comments:

Post a Comment